We are excited to finally open our clinic doors to the public. As our patients’ health and safety is our priority, we have made some important changes to decrease the spread of COVID-19. The purpose of these revisions is to ensure the health and safety of our team and patients, while also adapting processes to continue to provide a superior patient journey. The situation is being closely monitored and we will make adjustments to our infection control protocols as needed. We want to familiarize you with some general changes to our clinical protocols, which are being implemented to keep everyone healthy and safe.
Whenever possible, we want to maintain a physical distance of 2m/6ft between individuals within the office. While we normally encourage bringing loved ones and family members to appointments, we will be limiting the number of people in the clinic, which will impact the number of people attending appointments.
- All patients and people attending an appointment with them will be pre-screened on the phone using screening questions provided at the time of booking.
- Patients should also review and re-confirm no new symptomology prior to coming in for an appointment.
- Patients and anyone attending appointments will be asked to wear a mask upon entry to the clinic. A mask can be provided for a small fee if the patient does not have one, but we strongly encourage bringing your own.
- If patients refuse to wear a mask, they will not be seen in our office at this time for safety reasons. We hope you understand.
- Contactless solutions such as a tele-appointment, or contactless hearing aid drop offs, if appropriate, will be recommended.
Signs and Symptoms of COVID-19: The most common signs and symptoms include: fever, cough, and tiredness. Other symptoms can include: shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, muscle aches, chills, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, headache, and chest pain. Other less common symptoms have been reported, such as rash, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. If you have any of the symptoms listed, your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
- Scheduled appointments are strongly encouraged at this time.
- Patients will be asked to please come on time for appointments. Patients will not be taken early, and we ask you to come no more than 5 minutes early for your appointment.
- Signs indicating COVID-19 hygiene protocols will be displayed in the clinic for your reference.
- Everyone will be asked to wash their hands using soap and water for 20 seconds upon entering the office or sanitize with a disinfectant.
- Thorough disinfection protocols will be completed on all surfaces between all patients with high-level disinfectants.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- All clinical staff will be wearing level 3 filtration masks.
- All patients will be required to wear masks upon entering the office.
- Regular handwashing and hand-washing between patients will continue as part of infection control.
- Cashless or no contact payment will be used whenever possible.
- We will do our best to minimize in-office paperwork. Documents will be emailed prior to appointments. If you do not have a printer, feel free to email back consent or answer questionnaires by simply numbering your responses.
- We understand some people may not have email. In this case, verbal consent can be obtained and documented, and intake forms can be completed verbally by clinician.